Character SheetsCurrituck Itavi

Where the Character Sheets for each character are posted and stored. Spirit Moderators manage this forum and approve each sheet.
Currituck Itavi

Currituck Itavi

Post by Currituck Itavi »

NPC Type: FNPC
Name: Mar'lily Itavi
Race: Hellbend
Birth Year: 35th Spring, 259 AC
Profession: Tailor
Relation to PC: Mother
Skills:
-Tailoring 60
-Cosmetology 30
-Deception 30
-Wilderness Survival (Plains) 26
-Cultivation 15
-Singing 13
-Medicine 9
-Meditation 6
-Observation 6
-Intimidation 5

Languages & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (None)
Reading Language & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (None)
Writing Language & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (None)

Appearance: 6' 3", 243 lbs. Middle-aged. Burgundy skin a touch on the dark side. Dark red hair (lighter than skin) that's wavy with waning volume . Storm-gray eyes. Her eyes are striking, especially when she's wearing eye makeup, and they can turn fierce in a heartbeat. Average build. Most often wears homemade clothing but may also wear Lysium fashions. Wears lots of colorful jewelry and makeup. Good posture while standing, bad posture while sitting.

Personality: Extrovert now that she's come out of her shell. Bubbly. Emotional (Currituck's emotions, especially his anger, resemble hers). Open-minded, wants her only child to be happy. Despises closed-mindedness and closed-minded people. Irreligious -- doesn't worship any Deities, but acknowledges that they exist. Extremely protective of her husband and son -- the only people she considers family. Caring, motherly, full of nothing but love for the two men in her life. Neurodivergent, tailoring is her biggest special interest. Secondary special interests are makeup and jewelry. Loves viewing, smelling, and tending to the flowers she plants in the household gardens out front and back of the Itavi longhouse. Also loves when Sopubek makes tea with their leaves and petals.

Background/History: Named after the Goddess of Flow, Mar'lily Itavi was born and raised in a Hellbend village on the southern coast of the Eastern Steppes by the western bank of the southern river. She was indoctrinated into the Itavi ideals from the moment she was born -- studying the Gods, worship practices, singing songs of praise, all the religion-focused tradition of the Itavis since their first ancestor was bent by chaos upon reaching Siliren -- and when she showed a penchant for tailoring, her family attempted to direct this passion into making religious clothing only. But Mar'lily didn't want to be confined to just a small area of the craft; she'd seen the latest fashions from Avakaron and even Lysium featured on the carts of travelling traders and wanted to make such fun attire for the masses. The first time she disclosed this desire to her family, however, they rebuked her as a traitor to the Gods and a galster to the Itavis.

That's when Mar'lily stopped talking.

She played their game and made religious clothing, all the while looking around desperately for a way out. Restricting her passion wasn't the only way the Itavis had boxed her in; her other interests, her love of makeup and adorning herself with jewelry because she loved it, her desire to leave the village to see what else is out there rather than to spread Itavi beliefs, even her happy stimming twirls to exude joy coming from herself and things she likes -- all was shot down since it was not done out of adoration for the Gods. Ever since their first ancestor's life was spared (the sole Itavi survivor) when going through the portal made by Nilata and Citah, the Itavis have believed and have been indoctrinating offspring with the belief that their entire lives are owed to the Gods and all actions must be done in praise of them. The Itavis would not exist if it weren't for the Gods sparing the life of their first Hellbend ancestor, right?

Wrong.

Mar'lily knew it was bullavent. How many prayers had she prayed to the Gods that had gone unanswered? How many sleepless, teary nights of begging the Gods to rescue her from this social prison forged by the only people she's ever known and loved, knowing she was nothing but a galster to them?

She was going to get out with the Gods' help or not. Who cares if it wasn't their will? Piss on them! It was her will to be happy, and if that makes her a galster to the whole universe, then so be it!

Soon the Godless Hellbend found an opportunity for escape, and love for someone outside her family. One Sopubek Rukinov, a young merchant from the town directly north-northwest of Mar'lily's village, located partially in and partially on the outskirts of the White Wood Forest: a town known as Ayelsbury. He was handsome and would sweep her off her feet with all the fascinating tales of his travels and diverse wares each time he and the other traders stopped in her village. Her family did not approve, however, as his profession was unrelated to religion. They further claimed that the Gods disapproved of the union -- not that Mar'lily or Sopubek gave a crap if it were true. The two fell in love and, despite the Itavis' disapproval, they eloped and fled to Avakaron, the bustling capital city of the Hellbend people, where Mar'lily could live her life in contented, happy peace and start a tailoring business together with her husband, far away from those who would oppress her. She longed to take Sopubek's name, but he encouraged her to reclaim the Itavi name as her own, and he himself would take it as his own. And so the name that was previously only known as "spark" would now be known as "revival:" a revival of what it means to be an Itavi.

Mar'lily lived her life of freedom and bore a son after six years of living in the city. She named him Currituck -- a strong, rambunctious name suggesting adventure and free will. She kept the existence of Currituck a secret from the southern Itavis, as she hadn't been in contact with them since she left the village all those years ago. However, secrets can only be kept for so long...

Upkeep: N/A

Other: Her nickname for Sopubek is "Sopie." Her nicknames for Currituck are "Tucky" and "little Tucky." She loves flower tea.
word count: 1032
Currituck Itavi

Currituck Itavi

Name: Sopubek Itavi
Birth Year: 22nd Summer, 361 AC
Profession: Merchant
Relation to PC: Father
Skills:
-Charisma 58
-Mathematics 34
-Observation 30
-Wilderness Survival (Forest) 27
-Food Preparation 20
-Herbalism 10
-Investigation 10
-Detection 10

Languages & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (Fluent)
Reading Language & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (Fluent)
Writing Language & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (Fluent)

Appearance: 6' 6", 270 lbs. Middle-aged. Medium-toned red skin. Short maroon hair that he combs and styles forward. Smaller than average red eyes with narrow lids. Has a big grin (which Currituck inherited). Slim build (high metabolism) with little muscle mass or tone. Dresses nicely in Mar'lily's homemade clothing, likes short sleeves or to roll his sleeves up. Lazy posture, stands with his hips forward and sits hunched over.

Personality: Charismatic. Funny (Currituck has his father's sense of humor). Extrovert. Loves learning about new things and places. Loves to travel on land (is scared of boats). Protective of his wife; also protective of and worried for Currituck but trusts that he can take care of himself. The family cook, loves delighting his loved one's taste buds. Shows repeated, invested interest in his wife and son's respective special interests, having started a business revolving around Mar'lily's tailoring and having picked up on some sailor sayings and customs for Currituck.

Background/History: Sopubek Rukinov was born and raised in a mixed-race town (although dominated by Hellbends) located on the border of the White Wood Forest right next to the southern coast of the Eastern Steppes region of Winhem. The Rukinovs are jacks of all trades; if there's a space in the community that needs to be filled, then someone'll fill it! As a child, Sopubek loved hanging out with his mom in the kitchen and chatting up his uncle who travelled the Steppes selling his wood carvings in merchant caravans. Upon reaching adulthood, Sopubek tagged along with the merchant caravans and learned the trade, soon meeting one Mar'lily Itavi in the next village over, nearer the river that supplied both settlements with water and fish. She was beautiful with her skillfully-done makeup and jewelry and wavy hair and would melt his heart with her passion in her special interests every time he stopped by the village. The two fell in love. It was troubling to discover that Mar'lily's family was so closed-minded and restrictive in their ideas for who she should be and what she should do with her life. Sopubek proposed that they go to live in Avakaron and start a tailoring business together -- that way Mar'lily could spend her life doing what she loves most and Sopubek could settle down and get off the endless road that is the travelling caravans. He didn't care that the Itavis disapproved of their relationship; Mar'lily was the only person who knew truly what was best for her, and Sopubek loved her and would support her all the way -- the first step was to get to the capital.

The couple travelled with the merchant caravans north, meeting with other members of the Rukinov family along the way -- the Rukinovs are widespread throughout the Eastern Steppes. Sopubek's brother was a big supporter of the move and helped the two out directly. During the trip, the couple discussed what their marital surname would be. Mar'lily wanted Sopubek's, but Sopubek recognized why, and encouraged her to take charge of her family name so it would no longer hold power over her. And so she did, and Sopubek Rukinov became Sopubek Itavi. Soon they reached Avakaron and set up shop in the southwestern suburbs, operating right out of the family longhouse!

They tried for a baby for many years, but Sopubek had fertility issues. No baby would come to term. He reckoned that if the Itavis knew of this, they'd think they were right in that the Gods disapproved of their union. Ha! But the two kept trying. Sopubek prayed -- Mar'lily didn't bother. Finally, in the spring of 298, they had Currituck, their pride and joy. After he was born, Mar'lily and Sopubek stopped trying; they'd had a baby like they wanted to, and now they wanted to focus on raising their baby, not trying to add more. Their son was always shorter and skinnier than average, and this was something the southern Itavis would hold against the three northern Itavis as a sign of the Gods' disapproval if they found out. But what did Mar'lily and Sopubek care? Their son was perfect the way he was. Being short and scrawny was something that set him apart from the rest, something he should be proud of. Mar'lily and Sopubek endeavored to instill this self-confidence in Currituck despite his being bullied for his height and weight, and they succeeded. Currituck would find his niche and use his stature to his advantage. And Sopubek wouldn't let the southern Itavis anywhere near his family.

Or at least he'd try...

Upkeep: N/A
Other: His nickname for Mar'lily is "Lily." His nicknames for Currituck are "Tuckibuck" and "Tucky."
word count: 872
Currituck Itavi

Currituck Itavi

Name: Djoomart Isanov
Nicknames: "Mar-mar," "That blasted Isanov"
Tongue-striking alias: Djoomarbleous
Birth Year: 6th Fall, 298 AC
Profession: Sailor
Relation to PC: one of Currituck’s sailing buddies
Skills:
Composition (Writing): 58
Singing: 55
Endurance: 20
Navigation: 20
Acrobatics: 20
Storytelling: 15
Dance: 7
Charisma: 5

Languages & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (Poor)
Reading Language & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (none)
Writing Language & Fluency: Rigarian (Fluent), Common (none)
Swimming: Yes
Appearance: Dungiss, has a big mast.
click to view artwork
Personality: Bit of a condescending chakwit.
Background/History: Was in a street gang as a teenager, where he learned parkour to evade capture and traverse the town quickly. That’s also where he learned tongue-striking, and he became great at freestyling in tongue-striking battles.
Upkeep: hell no
Other: Gay. So very gay. His gayness is so powerful that it cannot be contained within a mere third of a season. (Orientation: aromantic homosexual.)

When speaking what little Common he knows, that dungiss Isanov uses "My handsome ass" as a self-referent, inspired by the Japanese "ore-sama." To say "I'm," he says "My handsome ass'm," which reflects his Poor understanding of Common grammar.
notes from an interview with Eminem (inspo for tongue-striking)
When he wrote verses, he wanted most of the words to rhyme; he wrote long words or phrases on paper and, underneath, worked on rhymes for each syllable.[24] Although the words often made little sense, the drill helped Eminem practice sounds and rhymes.[24]

And you still write on a notepad now – no laptop, no BlackBerry…
I’ve seen a lot of rappers stack their ideas in BlackBerries, but it wouldn’t work for me. I’d have to, you know – scroll, scroll, scroll. If it’s on the pad, I can look at everything at once.

Do you still write in the bathroom?
Sometimes. I think we do most of our best thinking on the shitter. What else do you have to do in there besides think?

How do you go about putting together a verse?
Even as a kid, I always wanted the most words to rhyme. Say I saw a word like “transcendalistic tendencies.” I would write it out on a piece of paper – trans-cend-a-lis-tic ten-den-cies – and underneath, I’d line a word up with each syllable: and bend all mystic sentence trees. Even if it didn’t make sense, that’s the kind of drill I would do to practice. To this day, I still want as many words as possible in a sentence to rhyme.

Can you give another example? Maybe write a few bars about this interview?
About this interview? How much money you got? [Laughs] I can spit a hot 16 real quick!

I don’t think I can afford you.
Yeah, probably not [laughs]. Let me think about it. [At our meeting the next day, Eminem flips open his notebook to a page near the back. “I wrote it right after you left,” he says. “Just some dumb shit.” I ask to read it, and he says he’d rather rap it. It goes like this:
This dude doin’ this interview wants me to spin a few
Lyrics while I tie my fuckin’ tennis shoes in the nude
A romantic interlude in a livin’ room
In an inner tube with a dude with a bit of lube
Fuck that, I’m sniffin’ glue, sippin’ gin and juice
And a little bit of paint thinner with my dinner too
You better pay me for my bars like your rent is due
Now hurry up and finish, dude, before I finish you

Every line rhymes with the word “interview” – some twice, and one even three times. I ask him how long it took to write. “About two minutes,” he says.]
word count: 815
Currituck Itavi

Currituck Itavi

Currituck's Sailin' Schedule!
For the season of Fall 322 AC.
Legend:
days at sea
days ashore (Paethsmouth)
days ashore (Avakaron)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92
Dates of note:

14th: Water Temple Announcement (Tucky will arrive same day)
28th-29th: Ministry Carnival (dates Tucky can attend)
56th: murder trial (Tucky won't be in Avakaron at the time)
79th-season's end: Titan's Whisper is home for the holidays! Well, the Paethsmouthers' home.

Windy days at sea, by voyage:
4, 5
30, 33

~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~

Blue

Code: Select all

0000BF
Yellow

BF8040
Black

previous sailin' schedules
older previous sailin' schedules may now be found in Curry's plot notes
Last edited by Currituck Itavi on Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:18 am, edited 4 times in total. word count: 287
Currituck Itavi

Currituck Itavi

Curry's miscellaneous outfits
springtime daffodil dress

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1Cn7Ic4.png[/img]
word count: 101
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic