AnnouncementsNaNoWriMo 2023

Infinite Horizons

Here is where extremely important announcements about Siliren as a whole will be posted by Spirit Moderators for all to see. It is recommended to subscribe to this forum.
Bigealien
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Bigealien »

Welcome to Siliren's Annual NanoWriMo Event for 2023

NaNoWriMo is just around the corner! This November, we're taking you beyond the limits of our world and into the "Infinite Horizons" of your imagination. This year I have designed a truly unique challenge that will reward both the busy writer and the epic writer alike!

🌌 Dive into the Infinite Horizons Challenge:

Ditch the competition – this is all about personal growth, community vibes, and the thrill of storytelling. We're all here to support one another, share our progress, tackle challenges together, and above all, celebrate the tales that spring from our collective creativity. To get the most out of this collaboration and support - join our Discord!

Rules & How-Tos:

1. Get Registered: Hop on the "Infinite Horizons" challenge train by signing up below using your PLAYER ACCOUNT.

Code: Select all

[b]✍️ Player Account:[/b]

[b]πŸš€ Word Count Goal:[/b]

[b]πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker:[/b] (Keep us updated!)

[b]β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?:[/b] yes/no

[b]πŸ“œ A Bit About You:[/b] (Share some of your writing hopes for this challenge or any fun fact!)

[b]πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?:[/b] yes/no

[b]πŸ“œ The Fine Print:[/b] By signing up, I promise to be awesome, play fair, and uplift my fellow writers on Siliren.

2. Your Unique Tale: Ensure everything you submit is original and fits within our site’s cozy guidelines. Check out the site’s rules on AI content.

3. Count Those Words: Keep us posted! Update your word count on the tracker. Let’s see how far we can go together. Be sure to submit final word counts before December arrives.

4. Challenges & Little Adventures: Keep an eye out for our weekly challenges and achievements. They’re optional but super fun. Oh, and did we mention extra rewards?

5. Celebrate Together: The end of November doesn’t mean the end of our journey. Stick around for the reward announcements in December.

In the context of our challenge, "Infinite Horizons" embodies the boundless potential and vast scope of your storytelling capabilities. It's not just about physical landscapes or distant galaxies, but the limitless vistas of emotion, relationships, conflicts, and resolutions you can explore in your narratives. This theme serves as a reminder that there are no boundaries to the tales you can weave, no limits to the characters you can create, and no end to the adventures you can craft. When brainstorming story ideas for this challenge, we encourage you to look beyond the obvious, push the boundaries of your creativity, and let your imagination journey to horizons you've never ventured before. Whether it's a deep dive into an intricate emotion or an epic journey across unknown realms, remember: the horizons are infinite, and so are the tales waiting to be told.
This post contains AI art.
word count: 474
Bigealien
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Bigealien »

NaNoWriMo 2023 Word Count Prizes

This year's prizes are truly AMAZING - and they can ALL be yours! To earn a prize simply achieve the word count the prize requires and after the NaNoWriMo event finishes at the end of November - you will be awarded all the prizes you unlocked! This means that if you write 200,000 IC words, you will receive ALL 9 prizes! Stay tuned for more prizes, though, as these are not the only ones you will be able to earn this month.

1. Beginner's Glimpse (1,000 words):
- Prize: Pouch of Mysterious Stones
- Description: Stones that glow faintly in the moonlight. Perfect for crafting or trading.

2. Explorer's Reach (5,000 words):
- Prize: Enchanted Quill
- Description: A quill that never runs out of ink and aids in scribing runes or spells. Perfect for casters and scholars.

3. Storyteller's Muse (10,000 words):
- Prize: Ethereal Brooch
- Description: A delicate brooch. When worn, it releases a subtle fragrance that persists until taken off. Perfect for those who seek serendipity and magic in their quests. The user will always find this scent pleasing, and while others’ opinions will vary, it's unlikely to be disliked by anyone.

4. Horizon's Voyager (25,000 words):
- Prize: Gem of Insight
- Description: A mystical gem that, when held, provides brief glimpses of hidden treasures or unseen dangers. A must-have for treasure hunters and warriors.

5. Master of Narratives (50,000 words - NANOWRIMO Goal):
- Prize: Celestial Familiar
- Description: A magical pet that not only keeps you company but can also perform minor magical tasks. Its form varies based on its owner's soul – from fire foxes to miniature storm wyverns.

🌟🌟 Epic Tiers: Beyond the Horizon 🌟🌟

6. Infinite Scribe (75,000 words):
- Prize: Armor of the Horizon Walker
- Description: This ethereal armor adjusts its properties based on the wearer's need, offering enhanced protection in battles and the ability to blend with the surroundings when stealth is required.

7. Cosmic Chronicler (100,000 words):
- Prize: Portal Pendant
- Description: A pendant allowing its wearer to open temporary portals to places they've previously visited. A game-changer for any adventurer, this is the ultimate tool for exploration and quick escapes.

8. Legend of the Infinite (150,000 words):
- Prize: Starbound Grimoire
- Description: A book containing powerful cosmic spells. Drawing power from the constellations, this grimoire is coveted by mages across realms.

9. Deity of Diction (200,000 words):*
- Prize: Crown of Creation
- Description: Bestows upon its wearer the power to breathe life into inanimate objects for a short duration. Legends speak of entire armies created from mere sand by this crown's might.
word count: 443
AMansfield01

NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by AMansfield01 »

✍️ Player Account:AMansfield01

πŸš€ Word Count Goal:50k

πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker: 13581 (Keep us updated!)

β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?:yes yes/no

πŸ“œ A Bit About You: long time Siliren writer excited for another Nano (Share some of your writing hopes for this challenge or any fun fact!)

πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?: yes yes/no

πŸ“œ The Fine Print: By signing up, I promise to be awesome, play fair, and uplift my fellow writers on Siliren.

Challenege Week 1: Dreamwalking

Completion: Old Friends A Message To Yourself

How has your character changed? Azat changed by realizing he had more talents than just Umbramancy and needs to increase them instead of relying on what he's best at.

NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Weekly Challenge 1: COMPLETE
Reward: Dreamwalking Tincture: A small vial of a dream-inducing potion that lets the character experience vivid, often enlightening dreams, unlocking deeper self-awareness or hints about their journey. Dreams unlocked by this tincture can be turned in for grading to receive skill points ONLY in Core Skills. There are 5 uses.
Assigned PC: Which PC gains this item? You may only choose 1. This does *not* have to be the sam ePC that wrote the Dreamwalking Thread.

Challenege Week 2: Big Wide World

Completion: Post 1 Post 2

What has your character learned about the world outside of them? Azat learned of the passing of his mother and mentor and that he was never the child of the people he considered his parents.

NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Weekly Challenge 2: COMPLETE
Reward: Free Vacation: An all-expenses paid trip (travel and lodging) to the location mentioned below. The trip must begin and end in the same season.
Assigned PC: Which PC gains this item? You may only choose 1. This does *not* have to be the same PC that wrote the Dreamwalking Thread.
Assigned Location: To what city/town/area did the correspondence go to in thread?
Last edited by AMansfield01 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:04 am, edited 25 times in total. word count: 319
DemonAnastasi
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by DemonAnastasi »

✍️ Player Account: DemonAnastasi

πŸš€ Word Count Goal: Amagy enge yss (25k)

πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker: 11,269

(Muos ne "click to show spoiler" many mi / Open the "click to show spoiler" under here):
contributions

(1,404) In the Magical Mood with Time to Fill: 440, 532, 432

(2,097) Talk of the Town: 810, 1023, 264

(276) On "Short" Notice: 276

(397) First Mate's Best Mate: 397

(921) A Relatively Jocular Amble through Realms Solely Perused by Amply-Sedated Noggins: 611, 310

(2,051) A Study of Shorebirds: 4 Love of Birds: 316, 244, 210, 271, 292, 234, 256, 228

(910) Paw-paw Sobek: 272, 638

(2,771) A Study of Shorebirds: Observe the Bird with All 5 Senses: 518, 379, 388, 382, 647, 457

fyi I don't count my timestamp headers and "Fin" footers and ooc notes in my wcs. It's cheap.
**exception to A Relatively Jocular Amble through Realms Solely Perused by Amply-Sedated Noggins.

β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?: Amo (yes)

πŸ“œ A Bit About You: Taier Gomhather yn Nythrodrigen hai ar frai frar <3 (Organized Sailing and Rigarian are my beloved darlings <3)

πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?: Hiad men. I am there.

πŸ“œ The Fine Print: By signing up, I promise to be awesome, play fair, and uplift my fellow writers on Siliren.

Inyrel...nyther me, ma pesser el Nysem, hiuad buly, kethl'r manysad, yn nipaluad vyr suleves ar nyertass gunther ma Siliren. (By way of...stating this, in the name of Nysem, I will be bully, sure shakin', and I will galvanize like a Lumenmancer my fellow storytellers on Siliren.)

Gom ranore. With love.

DemonAnastasi. Mene dravent angore. That human dipshit.

Challenge Week 1: Dreamwalking. Or, A Relatively Jocular Amble through Realms Solely Perused by Amply-Sedated Noggins

How has your character changed? Currituck is inspired to write more pho-sis-ticatedly (sophisticatedly) like how he and Mar-mar were talkin' in th' dream.
NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Reward: Dreamwalking Tincture: A small vial of a dream-inducing potion that lets the character experience vivid, often enlightening dreams, unlocking deeper self-awareness or hints about their journey. Dreams unlocked by this tincture can be turned in for grading to receive skill points ONLY in Core Skills. There are 5 uses.
Assigned PC: Which PC gains this item? You may only choose 1. This does *not* have to be the same PC that wrote the Dreamwalking Thread.

Challenge Week 2: Big Wide World (Paw-paw Sobek)

What has your character learned about the world outside of them? He learned that his paw-paw's alzheimer's is getting worse and Paw-paw won't be able to write to him on his own anymore due to his declining sight :(
word count: 557
Gom ranore, DemonAnastasi.
MushyTheMage
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by MushyTheMage »

✍️ Player Account: MushyTheMage

πŸš€ Word Count Goal: At least 5000

πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker: 2747

β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?: yes!

πŸ“œ A Bit About You: I know I'm in and out a lot, I wanna do this to just make a habit of at least writing here once a week, this is an incredible community and I wish to be a part of it more <3

πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?: I.. am there

Nothing can go wrong.
MushyTheMage

How has your character changed? Cyrus will have to consider his usage of pyromancy. Is it the miracle tool he thinks it is? Or is it connected to something very dark inside him? He has always connected his mistakes with his left hand, but he also always casts pyromancy with it. He has to figure out if he really should use it to that capacity. The dreams he had also had things to do with his mentors, he wished to learn. But every time something in his behavior gets in his way.

Challenege Week 2: Big Wide World

What has your character learned about the world outside of them? Cyrus' sister sees him in a different light than he believed. It has scared him.

NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Assigned PC: Cyrus Minal
Last edited by MushyTheMage on Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 8 times in total. word count: 298
Bigealien
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Bigealien »

🌟 Beyond the Character – A Creative Showcase 🌟

Greetings, wonderful writers of Siliren!

While our hearts and souls are often intertwined with the characters we breathe life into, we recognize that the realms of our imagination are boundless, extending beyond the horizons of our in-character narratives.

In honor of this year's NaNoWriMo Challenge, we are thrilled to introduce a special segment: Beyond the Character – A Creative Showcase. This is a unique platform for you to share your standalone pieces of creative writing, be it poetry, short stories, snippets, or any form of written artistry that might not fit directly into our in-character narratives.

πŸ“œ How It Works:

1. Submission: Share your original non-IC pieces by posting in reply to this thread.. Only work written in November of 2023 is allowed.
2. Appreciation: Read and explore the writing of other players, and respond with appreciation, experience, and support.
3. NaNoWriMo: All creative writing submissions count towards your Player Account NaNoWriMo word count. Replies do not count - but I never said they wouldn’t be rewarded…

This is your moment to let your other voices sing, to share stories untold, and to delve into corners of your creativity that remain unexplored within our shared universe.

Remember, every word is a world, and we're excited to journey through yours!

Write with passion. Share with pride. Celebrate creativity.

word count: 231
Bigealien
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Bigealien »

✍️ Player Account: Bigealien

πŸš€ Word Count Goal: 10,000

πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker: Total = 11,121
Post WC
The Heart of the Moon 421 + 347
On Her Own 806 + 472 + 556 + 516 + 584 + 476 + 445
Drinking in the Storm 401
Glinting Gold of Glory 435 + 649 + 572 + 802
On Short Notice 616
Giving Energy to the World 507 + 540 + 513 + 535 + 432
Instructors of the Ministry 496

β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?: yes

πŸ“œ A Bit About You: Just trying to write something for once in my life

πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?: in there!

How has your character changed? Tap is more aware of the universe and will be looking more towards the Gods and the big picture than she was before.

NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Assigned PC: Tap
word count: 210
Office ~ Player Sheet
Avatar & Signature contain AI art.
Bigealien
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Bigealien »

Weekly Challenge #1 - Dreamwalking

This week, we venture into the everything-all-at-once realm of Interdimensional Dreamwalking. This is a place where the veils between reality and dreams are tantalizingly thin. As your characters traverse these mystical worlds of dreams the stories that unfold are bound only by the limits of your imagination.

The Dreamwalking Realm of Siliren is unique in that while your character can experience and learn from their time here, there are no bounds in what they can behold. Dreamwalking allows your character to explore new worlds, old worlds, imagined worlds, or no worlds at all - all from the safety of their own bed (or alley where they have drunkenly collapsed).
The challenge this week is to participate in a Dreamwalking thread, but also to have your character changed by their experience there.

Will they learn something new about their psyche? Will they be taught something vital about the universe? Or will they simply see what they have never seen before?
The choice is yours to create.

To complete this challenge, a player must have a character participate in a Dreamwalking thread with at least 2 posts. The character must also come away changed - in whatever way you imagine.

Add this below code to your NaNoWriMo sign-up post and update it to keep track of your challenge completion. There are separate rewards for Weekly Challenges, so stay tuned!

Code: Select all

[b]Challenege Week 1:[/b] Dreamwalking

[b]Completion:[/b] [url]Post 1[/url] [url]Post 2[/url]

[b]How has your character changed?[/b]
word count: 265
Abraxas

NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Abraxas »

✍️ Player Account: Abraxas

πŸš€ Word Count Goal: 50,000, or bust.

πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker: 50,683

β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?: Sure, some writing prompts may be helpful.

πŸ“œ A Bit About You: Coming back from a hiatus and looking to wrap up some unfinished projects. Might be daring enough to start a new thread or two.

πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?: I think I have one of those somewhere in the back, let me go look...

πŸ“œ The Fine Print: By signing up, I promise to be awesome, play fair, and uplift my fellow writers on Siliren at the expense of my own soul lest previous commitments, obligations, or back-dated claims take priority.

Dreamwalking

Completion: Self Comparisons Post 1 & Self Comparisons Post 2

How has your character changed? He questions how to be better, or at least, what aspects of himself he would desire to be better than he currently sees.

NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Assigned PC: Kynier Haltara
Big Wide World

Completion:
  1. What Stands Between #1
  2. What Stands Between #4
What has your character learned about the world outside of them? How both he and is love are fulfilling their dreams, dreams that would keep them apart.

NaNoWriMo 2023 Rewards:

Reward: Free Vacation: An all-expenses paid trip (travel and lodging) to the location mentioned below. The trip must begin and end in the same season.
Assigned PC: Kynier
Assigned Location: Arkford
Challenege Week 3
Threads of Fate

Completion: Leaving it Behind #2 & Leaving it Behind #3

how has your character impacted their home or changed it?
Kynier's home has changed several times, and he reflects more on the people that made it feel like home.

Word Count Prizes
Name of Item 1: Pouch of Mysterious Stones
Name of Item 2: Enchanted Quill
Name of Item 3: Ethereal Brooch
Name of Item 4: Gem of Insight
Name of Item 5: Celestial Familiar
word count: 624
Ira Moen
NaNoWriMo 2023

Post by Ira Moen »

✍️ Player Account: Ambrosia

πŸš€ Word Count Goal: 50,000

πŸ“Š Word Count Tracker: 6397 (11/17/23)

β›΅ Up for Weekly Challenges?: yes

πŸ“œ A Bit About You: I want to finish Sir's solo adventure.

πŸ”” Will you join the Discord?: Already done

πŸ“œ The Fine Print: By signing up, I promise to be awesome, play fair, and uplift my fellow writers on Siliren. Sure.
Last edited by Ira Moen on Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 60
"A Voice said 'Look me in the stars.
And tell me truely men of earth,
if all the soul and body scars
were worth the price of birth.'"
-Robert Frost

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic