Lore ProposalsBandit Faction(The Laughing Dogs) By Fenrir

This forum is home to the any suggestions, informal write ups and lore discussions Players may have.
Morgren Kriegsreiner

Bandit Faction(The Laughing Dogs) By Fenrir

Post by Morgren Kriegsreiner »

The Laughing Dogs

One of the younger bandit clans in Winhem this particular clan has been quickly recognized for its sloppy and rushed actions. Choosing violence over the usual intimidation tactics.
Where those who avoid detection simply stop a victim and rob them. These marauders rather cut down their targets and steel the very clothes off their backs leaving nothing but the naked corpses in a charred field.

Fleeing North by ship to escape the closing in authorities this band has taken a less aggressive approach on crime. Robbing is viewed less violently than murdering a whole village.

History of Raids

The Raid of Sweetcreek
1 Winter 320

A homestead named after a creek who's water ran through honeysuckle plants, one rainy night the Laughing Dogs came with their ten members and burned it down, leaving none to tell the tale. Only a few soldiers could deduce what madness happened.

The Storming of Fort Truewatch
45 Winter 320
Tales from this raid is what earned the Laughing Dogs Infamy, Grera used her pyromancy to send flames across the walls allowing her small band to easily storm the fort and seize food and coin. In reality this fort had fallen in I'll repair and was not a sentry point along a supply corridor, but still an attack on Lysium forces was enough to be the talk of the towns.

Roster:
Leader: Grera Se'Cello
The leader of the Clan is a heartless woman known as Grera Se'cello. A pyromancer who became mad after killing her family in a fire she created. What madness she caught made her view all as weaker than herself. Once a battle mage now a rabid dog hince the name. She is a vicious leader and keeps most of the loot gained allowing only so much to her underlings. This encourages members to get jobs in the city so they can hear about possible targets

LT: Ransun
Once a captain of a small ship for fishing he now uses his vessel to aid in coastal attacks on fishing communities. The ship is quiet old but not as old as Ransun who ensures that when on his ship his word is law.

2nd LT: Brawnsk
Hailing from the colder areas of Winhem Brawnsk is a terrifying beast, wielding a two handed hammer he can shatter a tree with he ensures Grera's word is followed as her enforcer. He is seem as a heartless man even amongst murderers.

Raid Planner: Kressa
If ignorance could infect people Kressa would be the source. She is the least threatening member of this young clan. She acts as the innocent face that scouts out the land they are going to raid or rob. She picks targets that would yield profit for the clan, but she never fights, instead she uses what medicinal knowledge she has to help injured members recover from fights.

Lower Ranks

Jon

Hans

Bren

Samir

Neva

Morgren Kriegsreiner(newest member)

Equipment of note:

×1 longship(needs repair)
×2 horses(stolen)
Last edited by Morgren Kriegsreiner on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total. word count: 504
Bigealien
Re: Bandit Faction By Fenrir

Post by Bigealien »

This appears to be a rather new faction since their notable acts are all within this season. That is fine. A group like this doesn't necessarily need a lore article on their own - at least right now. Although this info is all good to have - I would suggest putting it in Plotnotes for your future reference.

I wonder if your Pc is wanting to be a part of these raids, seeing as they are in this season. While this s *fine* I would remind you that with your skills you would have to only have a rather small role, and the danger would be significant to your PC, especially if you want to be in the midst of it, rather than on the outskirts.

The only part of this that really would need to be part of the lore is the locations you have here that don't actually exist, Sweetwater Creek and Fort Truewatch. Can you give me more examples of these locations? the Fort - I assume - is a Lysium Military fort/garrison? If it is a fort, it would need to be an old, abandoned one now overtaken by settlers or the like - or an extremely understaffed one, and forts usually have an entire garrison of men (50), which would easily beat a band on this size.
word count: 220
Office ~ Player Sheet
Avatar & Signature contain AI art.
Morgren Kriegsreiner

Re: Bandit Faction By Fenrir

Post by Morgren Kriegsreiner »

Okay!

Good feedback will hop on that in a few
word count: 10
Bigealien
Re: Bandit Faction(The Laughing Dogs) By Fenrir

Post by Bigealien »

Any updates on this?
word count: 4
Office ~ Player Sheet
Bigealien
Re: Bandit Faction(The Laughing Dogs) By Fenrir

Post by Bigealien »

This account appears to be inactive. Please PM me when/if you become active again. Until then this proposal is Paused.
word count: 21
Office ~ Player Sheet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic