Avakaron[Complete] The Brazen and Buff

The Hellbend city on the northern shore of Winhem.
Boga Negura

Re: [Closed] The Brazen and Buff

Post by Boga Negura »

Even though they only just got started, Boga already feels so much better. His body and his mind are so much more at ease than they had been previously sitting in his own head. His mind is able to occupy itself with the simple sensations of stretching out his eager muscles which crave the movement rather than thinking through any of his current problems and find solutions to them. Just enjoy the way his head feels when he twists his torso quickly to the side and how his back cracks with tingly pops. He inhales deeply, letting it out in a clear, open-mouthed sigh.

"Huh?" Currituck was commenting on your shoulders, you daydreamer. "Oh," his smile spreads to a grin, tucking his chin towards himself. "Thank you, but I don't think that's what Deego meant when he said that. Nothing in you should feel like a rock." There's an innuendo there ready to pop into the conversation. "Except maybe your teeth, I guess." Good recovery, Boga. 7/10.

He spreads his legs apart and leans directly sideways, stretching his arm way out over his side, sucking in a sharp breath as he does so. Sideways flexibility in his torso isn't something he's extraordinary at, so he tries his best to really push himself in these stretches so perhaps he can get just that much better. As he recenters himself in preparation for leaning the other way, he notices Currituck swaying as he stands on one foot as he stretches his thighs. Hm. He'd be able to better keep balance if he-

"How come your shoulders're always tense, though?"

Boga doesn't respond right away, saving his breath for his rhythmic inhales while he stretches. When he finishes he answers with a shrug," Sahkra says it's because I am always looking down at everyone," he snickers. "I don't think she's serious though. I think it's because of work. I've been shipping containers to and fro on the docks ever since I can remember. I don't think any amount of stretching will really get the knots out at this point. They're pretty locked in." With his legs still apart, he lunges sideways on both sides. His legs are the opposite from his arms and torso. Sideways flexibility seems to be a strength while forward flexibility is lacking, which is apparent when he switches from sideways lunges to forward lunges. "By the way," he mentions as he taps his fists on his thigh while he lunges," if you struggle to balance on one foot, try tightening your glutes and lower back. They really help to stabilize you." The word glutes is probably the most sophisticated anatomy term Boga knows. The only reason he even remembers it is because when he was younger he remembered being embarrassed to say the word butt. Deego would make fun of him for being so formal about it while he would freely throw the word giss around like it's leaves in fall. Wait, did he even explain who Sahkra and Deego was to Currituck yet? "Sahkra is my sister, by the way. And Deego is my brother. Sorry, sometimes I forgot that not everyone knows them like I do."

Boga brings his feet together and bends forward at the hips, letting his arms dangle. He can't quite reach his toes but he is able to tap his ankles with energetic fingers. He lets out a very brief hum as his legs a glutes pull taut. After a few seconds, he folds his arms across one another and lets them swing side to side, pulling him that much lower to the ground. The second hum that escapes him is longer and comes from deeper in his throat.
word count: 635
Currituck Itavi

Post by Currituck Itavi »

Currituck laughs at the joke about teeth. Good, he doesn't seem to notice that that was a flirtatious compliment.

Oh. Of course. That line of work is definitely intense on the muscles. Maybe you shouldn't worry so much about Boga. Maybe. I dunno. He's obviously physically strong and he has a heart of gold, but how nervous he got the day I left when he told Eskk not to tell stories about him bothers me. Like, a lot. I'm gonna get to the bottom why he lacks confidence in this area and help him lift himself up, like I promised I would.

Then Boga ventures some advice on maintaining balance. Currituck gives those stretches a try again, grabbing his right ankle and balancing on his left foot, and he does as Boga suggested: he keeps his giss and lower back tight. ... Of course... Currituck closes his eyes as he feels how stable he is now that he's engaged his core. He engages his abs for good measure, and that action provides even more stability. Yes... Boga explains that the two people he just mentioned are his siblings. Currituck smiles and switches feet, keeping his core muscles tight so he doesn't wobble. "Not to worry," he says in response to Boga's apology. His body is so much more stable now... Stability is something Currituck strives for, and not just in the physical sense. "I'm an only child," he notes.

Currituck releases his left foot and sits down on the cold ground with his legs outstretched in front of him. He leans forward and reeeeeeeaches towards his left foot, grabbing at the toe of his boot and keeping his leg as straight as possible, feeling the warm, stretching sensation in his hamstring. "A crewmate taught me this one -- I pulled a muscle in my leg once because I'm always runnin' around ev'rywhere." He feels the warm, stretching sensation in his lower back. Mmm, that feels good. Currituck draws his torso back over his pelvis and reaches for his right foot to stretch its leg's hamstring. Feels good, feels gooooood...
word count: 358
Boga Negura

Post by Boga Negura »

"An only child?" Boga asks surprised, lifting himself back up to standing. He pulls down on his jacket and shirt as if they come up like his shirt normally would had he not been wearing a jacket. "Really?" Boga can't recall the last time he met someone who was an only child. Well, except Dolbo. But that was because his parents had created their own family name. He wasn't an only child for long. "No siblings at all?" Currituck is still rather young, but not young enough for Boga to think that his family just branched off to make a new name. If that were the case then surely Currituck would have younger siblings at the very least. But maybe his parents have trouble conceiving. He knows that's a very common issue. An issue that a lot of women tend to worry about, especially when choosing a partner.

A deep concern that has affected him in more ways than one...

Boga continues to keep himself moving by returning to his toe bouncing. He flaps his hands, his eyebrows furrowing as if a needle is sewing them together. His stomach unexpectedly turns at the memory that comes into his head as a result of his latest thought and he stops his bouncing, bending forward and placing his hands on his knees, his back arching like a cat. He inhales a sharp breath through his nose, ridding himself of the wretch. Although he is able to quickly stifle his reaction, Bo still knows that his movements were rather sudden. In an attempt to disguise this, Boga keeps his hands on his knees but turns his torso and shoulders to the side to stretch the joint in his upper arm.

He's not going to think about it. That's the last thing he's going to think about, he's not supposed to be thinking about anything right now. "I can't imagine," Boga says, swallowing a lump in his throat," not having any siblings at all. Everyone I know has many siblings. I have 9 myself." He takes a chance standing up again, finding that he has recovered fully from the moment of phantom pain. He hits his stomach once or twice, shaking his head. "What peace you must have in your house in the morning." Boga is so preoccupied by the fact that Currituck is an only child that he misses completely the demonstration Currituck shows of his stretch. Not that Boga would have participated. He avoids any stretches or workouts that require him to be on the ground, especially the same. He hates the sand, and he hates cold floorboards.

He feels warmed up by now. He should get the gear. Boga starts a small jaunt over to the Crab Bag a handful of yards away with a small jump forward, hopping down onto its deck. The small fisher's boat leans slightly in the shallow water as it carries his weight, Boga ducking in almost a crouch to get down the small steps into the bowels of the boat. He opens the storage cabinet of equipment Shawm always keeps, grabbing four empty two-gallon jugs. Actually, scratch that. Two two-gallon and two one-gallons. That should be fine for the both of them.

Bo skips three of the five steps it takes to get to the deck and vaults himself over the side back onto the tiny pier Shawm parks next to. Not wanting to get into the ocean to fill up the jugs and thus be wet and cold, Boga lays on his stomach on the pier and reaches down, filling the two two-gallons first and capping them off. Then he fills the one-gallons, looking over at Currituck as he does so. Wow, he looks even smaller from a distance, doesn't he?

Boga dumps some of the water from the jugs out, making it 3/4ths full instead of completely full jugs.

After putting their corks in, Boga gets up and jaunts back over to him, holding one jug of each type in each hand. "Alright. I think we're ready to really get started. How much time do you have for this? I usually do about 20 minutes, but I can do longer if you really wanted to work at it." Actually, no he can't. Why did he say that? He always does 20 minutes, he never goes longer or shorter. He shouldn't have said that. He should not have said that.
word count: 755
Currituck Itavi

"Yeah, m' mom n' pop tried f'r a long time, and when they had me, they stopped trying." He keeps stretching and is oblivious to Boga's shift in expression. When he hears his friend's sharp inhale, he looks up, but as far as Currituck knows, that sudden hitch of breath and Boga's current stretching were nothing out of the ordinary. Currituck's ponderings over what that was all about are pushed aside quickly when Boga continues speaking. "NINE?!!" That's TEN kids! "Muostas's DEPTHS, y'r parents got busy!"

Currituck leans back on his hands from stretching and watches Boga jog over to a little boat that seems to always be docked when Currituck's in the neighborhood. Is Boga allowed to just go in there and take avent out? The little sailor crosses his legs and sits up straight as he wonders about the legality of what his large friend is doing while he's absent from their little spot on the beach. Does Boga commit burglary on the side for some extra skerricks? Impossible. My friend would do no such thing. He must have permission to go rummaging in there for...those things. Tercer, I didn't bring m' glasses. Chak. Why's 'e fillin' 'em with water? Oh, is that what we're lifting? Awesome! Currituck stands up, smiling, in preparation as Boga returns. He carries those jugs like they're NOTHING. Currituck's face, understandably, receives a flash of heat at the thought and sight.

"It's whatever, I got all day t' hang out witcha. I never done this b'fore so I dunno if I'd have that kinda stamina." He continues to smile, then claps his hands together once, his eyes lighting up, just remembering something. "Oh! But don't forget -- I promised ya drinks on me next time we saw each other, and this is th' next time we're seein' each other, so let's hit up one a' th' bars in town after this, okay?"

"By the way," he mentions after he remembers, "what's that little boat you just went into?" He points at the small vessel. "I always see it docked there when I'm at th' docks." There is no way in Cheon's Domain that his friend is a criminal.
word count: 389
Boga Negura

Post by Boga Negura »

Boga doesn't respond to Currituck's comment about his large family right away, instead choosing to grab the equipment off of the Crab Bag. After he returns, waiting for his question about how long Currituck wants to workout for, Boga puts the two smaller jugs from his hands down on the ground and then holds out the two larger ones to Currituck for him to take. Thank the gods that he said he didn't want to go too long. That might have ruined things for Bo if he was forced to go longer. Not because he couldn't do it, just that... he always does twenty minutes.

As he continues to hold out the jugs to Currituck, the man claps his hands like he just had a bright idea. Boga raises an eyebrow, unsure of what epiphany could have just come to him in that exact moment. Was it about how many siblings he has? He chuckles once the idea is revealed. "Well, actually the next time we saw each other was at Solara's party. You just got back from your trip, I remember. You were trying your best to get Solara not to hog all the alcohol," his chuckle continues. "She got a little bit tipsy, after all." He supposes that that's normal for humans on their birthdays. But Currituck was there, he doesn't need him to explain the whole night to him.

Bo's about to accept the offer, as is his natural extroverted instinct, but he hesitates, his mouth slightly hanging open. "Uh—" he attempts to fight off the same feeling of unease as he had gotten earlier in reference to extending his work out routine. Boga doesn't usually go out after working out. He usually stays home, drinks water, watches the ocean and just walks around, he guesses. But he doesn't usually go around town or do anything. But Currituck does seem like the type to like drinking. He is a sailor. And Bo does want to spend time with him and make him happy. It's rude to turn down people's offers, especially when they are willing to pay for you. "I... guess, I can do that, sure." He can deal with it this once. It'll be fun, probably. He could use a drink or two to help him not to think so much. "Yeah, that should be fun," he nods, his vacant expression converting into a smile. "Sahkra would say otherwise but yeah, why not?" Look at him, breaking out of his routine to try something new. He's actually kind of proud of himself.

Boga is about to bring up his family again, because he's far too curious about Currituck's life of being a single baby to set it aside, when Currituck bring up yet another subject. "That boat?" He points with the jugs that he still hopes Currituck would take eventually. "Oh, that's my boat- well, not my boat, it's Shawm's boat but he lets me live on it with him." He looks over to it, trying to remember the last time he has seen Shawm actually take the boat out onto the water. Has to have been about a year now, come Spring. "He doesn't take it out very often. Once a year he'll sail out and fish as much fish as the boat can carry and then drag it back to the market, sell a bunch of it, do that a few more times and then just stop fishing until next year. I've never seen a fisher do that before but I guess he does catch a lot of fish. He at least knows what he's talking about, from what I can tell. He's tried to teach me a thing or two but I haven't gotten the hang of it. I'm too busy to really practice. The boat is called something like The Crab Bag," he says roughly in Common, one of his heels tapping in the sand while he speaks. "It's like a pun or something in Common, I don't even know. Something to do with lobsters I think."

As he talks he decides to place the larger jugs on the sand in front of Currituck rather than waiting for him to take them, taking the two single-gallon jugs for himself and holding them lazily at his sides. His fingers tap the handles. "Sahkra thinks it's the worst smelling place she's ever been too but it's only really bad after he just brings back a haul. All the rest of the year it's just like any other boat. Sahkra holds strong to her opinion anyway. Being the oldest out of us I think sometimes she gets it in her head that she knows better than everyone," He snickers, his eyes shifting back and forth between looking at Currituck's jugs and then out onto the water. " She's the eldest out of all of us, she's 38 come Summer. Then there's Deego, my brother, he's 36 early next season. Then there's me, and I'm the last of my mother's kids. But my father remarried my step-mother and had my younger brothers Xagor, Gunth, Sharipov, and Kirsh, and also my younger sisters, Ayday, Jibek, and Nurayda. Nurayda is the youngest, she's 2 and Xagor is the eldest of my stepmother's children, he just turned 20 this season. So, yeah, I guess you can say he has been busy," Boga laughs, swingings his arms some and sloshing the water inside his gallons. "He did take a break after my mother died, it was a hard time on him and all, but while I trained to be a labourer when I was a teen he met my step-mother and they just had at it, I guess. He's a handsome man, I'm not surprised he remarried."

Boga looks at his jugs and nods. He should probably tell Currituck what to do with these, shouldn't he? "There's a couple of different exercises we can do with jugs but I imagine you want some arm and back strength, right? To pull ropes and all that on ships?" The fact that he just spewed an exorbitant amount of information out onto Currituck went over his head completely. He likes his family, despite how rude his aunts and uncles and other extended families can be at times. He enjoys getting to talk about his siblings, especially Deego and Sahkra because not many people really are that interested in it. So when he does perceive an opportunity, he takes it, and sometimes his inhibition struggles to tone down the information dump to tolerable levels.
word count: 1138
Currituck Itavi

He shakes his head playfully, crosses his arms, and looks off towards the ocean with a silly smile. "That doesn't count -- there were drinks there already!" Currituck's still embarrassed by how much he drank the other night. He throws the negative feelings overboard. But then concern boards the ship of his psyche when Boga hesitates in his answer to his invitation. His concern is gradually dispelled as Boga adds more enthusiasm to his answer. Should he inquire just to make sure? Boga's smile causes him to decide against it. And that's when Currituck remembers to ask about why Boga walked onto that boat like he lived there. Oh, he DOES live there! I knew he wasn't a criminal. This 'Shawm' guy sounds really cool.

"The Kraabb Baagg?" Currituck echoes in Common through his thick Avakaronian sailor accent, cocking an eyebrow. Boga explains that it's a pun. Yeah, could be, the second and third syllables rhyme.

When Boga puts the jugs down in front of him, Currituck realizes he'd been offering them to him the whole time, and he lets out an "Oh, sorry" and takes them, his face heating up with embarrassment. He lifts the jugs up using the muscles in his lower back and holds them at his sides like Boga, but not so idly as he. His shoulders in particular are putting forth effort to sustain the added weight, his core muscles to keep his body upright. Boga talks about his family while Currituck eyes his jugs, how he plays with the weighted containers like they're toys in the hand. If the eldest is thirty-eight and the youngest is two...nah, let's not do the mental math. That's not fun. I wanna have fun with Boga. Currituck smiles at the thought of Boga taking after his father in the appearance department. Should I say that? It could boost Boga's self confidence.

Before Currituck can decide on what to do, his friend explains the purpose of these things that're starting to make him breathe more heavily to hold. "Yep! That'll really help a lot." He grins. Currituck's forearms aren't too happy with him right now, but he keeps his grip strong around the handles of the weighted jugs.
word count: 385
Boga Negura

Post by Boga Negura »

"Alright, good, good," Boga nods, stepping to Currituck's side to start his demonstration. "I like to start off basic with bicep curls because it's what I started with when I was younger, but I think it holds up even now and it's pretty simple. But a lot of people get it wrong though because what people like to do when doing curls is this—" Boga lifts the jug in his left hand, the side that's facing Currituck, up to his shoulder. But as he did so, he swings the jug forward some, causing his arm to extend forward as he lifts the jug. "When really, it should look like this." Boga repeats the same motion of raising the jug, but he is careful to make sure his upper arm is stationary at his side, lifting the jug directly up rather than swinging it. "I suppose you can do the first way, but you're taking away some of the exercise because you're using momentum to help you rather than letting your arms do the work."

Boga repeats the demonstration once more," So this... not this, got it?" Currituck is smart, he gets it. "For you starting off, I recommend doing smaller sets of probably~" he looks at the air to his left," probably 10 per arm at a time. Take a small break then do another rep of ten. I gave you the larger jugs because you want to work on strength. Doing fewer reps but with heavier items tend to make you stronger faster, so you can lift more, while the opposite is true for endurance. The more reps you can do, usually with smaller weights, the better you'll get at being able to sustain whatever activity you are trying to gain muscle in, hence my jugs," he shakes his jugs, the water sloshing inside. "Being a sailor I know you all run around all day so I imagine you already have some endurance packed in those muscles of yours, so I made a judgement call. But if you want to switch jugs I don't mind. I'd rather you work with weights closer to your level so you can get a full rep in rather than being unable to complete a full set of reps because you're using too heavy of a weight and you get tired too quickly. After all, it's about working the body, not breaking it."

That's at least what his father taught him. He's taken it to heart, though.

Bo starts his first set, getting a few curls in with his left arm before he suddenly stops. "Oh, by the way, you can do just one arm at a time or switch between the two. It doesn't really matter. I like doing one arm at a time so I can really focus on getting good form each time, but I know some people get really bored with that. So just do whatever works for you. There's no perfect way to exercise." He goes back to his curls.

One... Two... Three...
word count: 519
Currituck Itavi

Currituck listens to Boga explain the procedure; he watches how the taller man's upper arm stays parallel with the rest of his body when he demonstrates the correct method of performing the exercise. He further notes how he himself uses momentum to his advantage in his daily work as a sailor -- it would be interesting to not rely on that for a change. "Got it!" Currituck is definitely smart, certainly not a dravent.

And now, Currituck's forearms are like, 'Hey there buddy, y' better take a break from these chakin' things b'fore y' start doin' th' avent big guy's talkin' 'bout, lest we give out n' drop these chakers on y'r toes,' to which Currituck resolves, 'I'll set 'em down when he gets done talkin', not t' worry.' His forearms are satisfied with that decision and share their anticipatory happiness with him, and Currituck's happiness is further strengthened when Boga compliments him on his stamina -- a correct assumption.

"I'll letcha know if I do need t' switch~"

Currituck goes ahead and sets the jugs down, shaking out his hands. Working the body rather than breaking it... Maybe Boga means literally breaking body parts. But the idea of being broken down and building himself back up again...it's an appealing thought.

...Currituck will do his best!

Th' wee sailor considers whether he should do one arm at a time or alternate. Mmm-- He'll just do what Boga's doing for now, focus on one arm at a time. He picks up one of the two-gallons then takes in a breath and starts with his left arm, exhaling as he draws the weight up to his shoulder, keeping the upper half of his arm still at his side. Timing one's breath in accordance with one's movements was something Currituck was well familiar with in his job, so he applies that principle here. He inhales as he eases the weight back down to his side, then lifts the weight again on the exhale. And soon the second rep is completed with another inhalation of breath. Rep...what a weird word. Currituck wonders if it's short for something, but the only bigger word he can think of with that prefix is reputation, and that doesn't seem like that's quite it. Chak th' ponderin's n' focus on what y'r doin'. He performs a fifth rep...then a sixth...and a seventh. Water is surprisingly heavy, and the weight and instability of it is adding up. Eight...nine... On the tenth rep he exhales strongly through his nostrils and takes multiple breaths on the downward motion. Then he sets the jug down and spends a few moments catching his breath before continuing to his right arm, using the same procedure as before. Currituck feels how the muscles in his arm heat up as he works them. How the front of his upper arm puts forth all the effort to bring the jug up -- is that what Boga meant by that word? Bye-sep? -- and how the back of his upper arm takes over to ease it back down. Currituck wonders what that one's called, if it's something different. Maybe hi-sep? Five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten! He sets the jug down. His right arm was not as tired upon completion of its 'set' as his left was. Of course, since his right side is his dominant side.

"Hey, this is fun," he remarks.

Currituck rests a little bit before doing his next ret of seps-- er, set of reps. Maybe that's where the word rep comes from...bye-sep... This time, he holds both jugs in his hands and alternates as Boga described. Left, right, left, right... He notices that he's starting to feel like he's nearing the end around the count of six, despite each of his arms having only performed three reps thus far. Hmm, gotta trick myself... He adjusts his mental count to reflect the actual amount of reps being done. Four, four, five, five... His mental stamina adapts to the change in language and he doesn't feel as if he's quite so near to the end of his mental and physical capacity for the activity. 'Cuz it's all up here. Mental strength is just as valuable as physical strength. Once he reaches the count of ten for both sides, he sets the two-gallon jugs back down and stands up and stretches.

What a fun day.
word count: 761
Boga Negura

Post by Boga Negura »

Four... Five~... Siiiix~... Seeeveeen, eiiiiggght, niine-ten~

Boga playfully and lackadaisically counted in his head while he did his curls. Sometimes he'll have a set number in his head of how high he wants to go, but other days he simply wants to go until he can't anymore. It really feels like a go until he can't anymore type of a day, so that's what he does. Passively counting while his eyes and head run a marathon looking back and forth between the ocean, Currituck, and the city, Bo works his left arm and goes at a steady pace. He doesn't attempt to do it too quickly, but there are a few moments where his pace will stagger and fall behind or race forward as his mind gets distracted with a particular thought.

Like when Shawm may be back. Bo has no idea where Shawm goes during the day when he's not at the boat because Shawm doesn't have any friends. At least none that he talks about or brings to the boat. And it's not the time of year for him to be fishing, so he's not selling the fish at the market. So where the old, greyed wrinkle sack goes is anyone's guess. Maybe he has a secrete group that he goes to that no one else knows about or something. That would be interesting.

The fingers of his right hand tap the jug they hold while he exercises his left arm, completing about 2 sets of 25 before switching arms and curling his right arm. His left hand now taps the jug idly, no longer thinking at all about what number he is on. His mind just soaks in the ocean view silently. At least until Currituck mentions having fun. "Really?" Bo response, his voice almost a whole octave higher than normal due to surprise. His eyes stay on the ocean horizon, however. "I'm glad, that's good. That's the first time anyone has said that about working out to me in a long time, actually. I think it's really fun too. Else I wouldn't be doing it," he grins, turning his head to look at Currituck's figure. His goggles hide exactly where his gaze lies, which is good for Bo since he finds it covers up his lack of eye contact very well. With the goggles, people tend to assume he's making eye contact when really he's actually looking at their short or their belt, or whatever is behind them. So it's a win-win for everyone. He doesn't have to look people in the eyes and they think he is looking at them in the eyes. Everyone's happy.

Bo's eyes wander around Currituck's form as Bo breathes in through his nose, lifting the jug once more to touch his bicep and letting it back down in a controlled manner. Currituck seems to be doing well enough with his own form except for a few times where his arm would go forward. This happens more so towards the end of his set than the beginning, so when Currituck's form, and particularly his posture, start to give way a bit, Boga puts down his jugs and silently reaches over placing one hand on Currituck's sternum and the other on the top of his hips above his spine. He doesn't press on Currituck so much as he attempts to guide the sailor's posture back to straight by having him push his hips forward and setting his chest and shoulders back. That way his body is set on top of his hips and legs rather than lurching back and forth like an 's' above it.

When Currituck's posture is satisfactory, Boga nods to himself with a small smile, letting him free. It's only now that he realizes he hadn't said a word during the readjustment. "Oh, sorry. I was trying to help your posture." Oh crud, he forgot, people don't like it when you said they have bad posture. "-Not that your posture is bad, believe me, it's better than most but you should try to make sure that your hips and shoulders are above your legs and feet when standing straight." Hopefully, that makes it appear less like an insult and more of an honest correction. "That way your whole body supports you when you stand instead of putting the strain on your back muscles by leaning forward or putting your hips out. You have good posture normally, don't worry- I wasn't trying to- um-" Boga chuckles a moment nervously, his face and eyes looking at the sand between them, "sorry, I should have asked before touching you, I didn't mean to just assume. It's a bad habit of mine." He goes over to his jugs and picks them up again. Currituck probably already has that much figured out about Bo. The only thing Boga has done with Currituck since the day they met is assume things about him. Assume he is scared of people who are taller, assume that he wants or needs to be stronger, assume that he can't carry stuff on his own— now he's assuming Currituck wants a posture corrector and that he's okay with being touched.

Gods he's a spad sometimes.

"We can move on to the next exercise if you want. You have a waterskin on you, right?"
word count: 925
Currituck Itavi

Whose idea was it anyway to name muscles after interjections? Is there another called 'woahceps'? ...Woah, hello, what're you-- Boga puts one hand on Currituck's chest and the other on his lower back. The little sailor's face heats up with a blush. Rather intimate places to rest one's big, strong hands... Currituck moves his chest and hips away from Boga's hands, and he feels himself stand up straight again. ...Oh. Was I...slouching...? The heat in Currituck's face now has a different source: embarrassment. Boga takes his hands away after that. Apparently I was...

Currituck listens to his tall friend explain why he got handsy just now while looking directly at his goggles since they obscure his eyes. Yep, I was slouching. Chak. Ah, so that's where I slipped up. How did I not notice? You were focused on doing this entirely-new thing Boga taught you. That's no excuse. Never again will you be caught adrift like this, Currituck! After he's given himself a good rollicking for letting his posture slip, he hears Boga's voice stutter and falter as he continues explaining away. This speech pattern is not unlike the way he heard Boga speak on a few occasions when they first met a little over a week ago. Wasn't trying to what? He keeps listening intently until Boga finishes speaking, until after he's changed the subject away from correcting Currituck's posture.

Lil' 'tuck smiles big and bright. "I'd love t' see whatcha got in store f'r me next! N' yeah, I got one--" He points casually with his thumb towards his backpack which he set down nearby. "But--" Currituck redirects the focus of the conversation back to the previous topic. "--I really appreciate you letting me know I was slouching." He stores his hands behind his back while he talks. "I'm pretty obsessed with makin' sure I'm usin' good posture all th' time." He shrugs and looks off idly. "It commands respect, y'know?" He puts his hands back on their invisible shelf with a nod. "S'yeah, thanks f'r th' reminder. I don't mind thatcha physically corrected me at all, so you've no need to worry about that! Chak, next time y' see me slippin', just flat-out say, 'Straighten up, Currituck!'" Currituck uses a deeper tone when quoting what Boga should say to mimic his friend's very deep and very rumbly voice. "I won't mind it one bit!" He laughs at himself. Then he looks Boga up and down. "Your posture's good, too, by the way." Currituck closes his eyes and smiles up at his friend like a sunny little flower.
Last edited by Currituck Itavi on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 458
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic